Thursday, May 10, 2012

Glad Text

**DISCLAIMER: this is a long one...

oh boy, oh boy
do I need to take my own advice, or what?!
how is it so easy to get so frustrated
and yet, so difficult to get back to
happy?
or, is that just me?
I have GOT to realize that it's
life
and there are bumps
and road blocks
and I tend to linger on to the negatives
longer than I should.

I posted a few days ago that
Everything Happens for A Reason
and I swiftly deleted it, because I didn't want this to be a
negative (eek!) blog
but, everything isn't always hunky dory
right?
(hunky dory?!)
anywho...

there has been a mix-up with my summer plans
and I thought it was going to be relaxing, easy going
WELP,
I thought wrong.
I made a quick decision to get rid of
Studio 8 0 9
(wahhhhh!!!)
money is the root of all evil.
I am certainly convinced.

as I have sat and felt sorry for myself
I HAVE WASTED TIME
there is no reason to fret over the things
I CAN NOT CHANGE
ya know, the serenity prayer?
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things
I cannot change,
Courage to change the things
I CAN,
and wisdom to know the difference.

Dang, that's a good one.
Keeping that in mind,
I can change my attitude, be happy,
look to the positive.
(remember, attitude is contagious!)

This is where I bring in
Glad Text
My beloved sisters and I
used to watch this little movie
Polly
(not Pollyanna)
She sang and danced her way into a new town
after her parents were killed in a car accident.
Polly was forced to relocate her life at a young age
and live with her traditional, stern aunt.
She brought a new energy to town, and
 introduced the folks to
Glad Text
THINGS TO BE GLAD ABOUT
so, now I introduce to you my weekly feature:

Glad Text

one:
Pine Yard
I am glad for Pine Yard. I had yet to enjoy it on my own.
So as a celebration of a new beginning...
I indulged in chinese food. on top of moving boxes.
while watching American Idol

two:
the $5.00 gift card I found in the bottom of my desk drawer
that bought me a
triple shot grande skinny vanilla latte
(happy thursday!)

three:
Viva Verde Accessories.
[vv cuffs]
debut
TONIGHT



WHAT ARE YOU GLAD ABOUT?




No comments: