Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Broken Heart

It's winter. The holiday season is over. There isn't much 'life' or excitement around. I think most folks are ready for flowers to bloom and color to surface again. Earlier today I think the words "I'm over the snow" came bursting out of my mouth. But I hadn't been taking pictures lately. Just here and there. So I decided to venture out. All 3 miles away from home. ;)
Creve Coeur Lake.
 I'm sure I've been before. But not recent or often enough to have remembered. 
"Its name, which means broken heart in French, comes from nearby Creve Coeur Lake. Legend has it that an Indian princess fell in love with a French fur trapper, but the love was not returned. According to the story, she then jumped from a ledge overlooking Creve Coeur Lake; the lake then formed itself into a broken heart."








 I enjoyed looking at the footprints, wondering where they lead to and why... Maybe I wasn't so "over" the snow?
On to another park LESS than 3 miles from home:
Faust Park Historic Village, Chesterfield MO.


Something about red against the stark white snow. stunning*


Don't you agree? heh hehe:




No comments: